Saturday, May 26, 2012

MY NEW/OLD JOB

I'm back in the kids' department at the bookstore. I worked last week for the first time back in the department. I didn't know how I'd feel to be back there - I think I'd been gone for about 4 years? I felt like a kid in a candy store! I was secretly so excited! I found so many books that I wanted to buy. I kept adding to my pile and my new coworker kept saying, "Meghan, you're going to go broke buying all of these." So, so true. I'll report soon on my new finds. I found a really cool graphic novel series for young readers that I want to read. Also, there were a few picture books that I bought just for the art. I haven't even read the text. One was illustrated by Ross McDonald. I love him! But he did an amazing job with the particular book that I bought. It's nonfiction. I'm at my parents house so I can't remember the name (I know, how useful am I?) Also, I found a really great and interesting board book series for toddlers that I need to think over. I don't know if toddlers will exactly appreciate the subject matter! One is on Jane Austin, another on Shakespeare... I think the parents will enjoy them... but the kids? Hmmm. 


Anyway, I'll be blogging a lot on my finds I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment