Thursday, February 24, 2011

ODD (AND POSSIBLY FUNNY) CHILDREN'S BOOKS

The Huffington Post wrote an article called: The Creepiest Children's Books Ever. Here are a few of the examples they included:



Okay, I'm sure that conjoined twins is a very serious problem for perhaps one in a billion people and it's not at all a funny situation... but I'll admit it... I laughed. A lot. This is one of these things where you have to wonder who this book is targeting. Like I said: it's a serious problem for one person in a the United States MAYBE. Is there even one? I'm sure there will be a lot of sales on that one.



And this... I don't know what this story is about but perhaps they should have rethought the cover just a tad. Enough of my thoughts on that. I don't want to say anymore or I'll get myself in trouble.



And this. It's all nice and painterly and all but if you look closely there's a nude figure in it and stuff. And it's about Hiroshima. Huh???

For the rest of the covers and the journal's own thoughts on them go here. It's worth your time! Trust me. There are a few that I will admit that we, at the bookstore, carry. A couple of them do have their place for the choice customer on occasion.

2 comments:

  1. "... it's a serious problem for one person in a the United States MAYBE." I'd bet TWO people.

    ReplyDelete